Built in 1936 by the Union Pacific Railroad, Sun Valley Resort is America’s first destination resort. Located in the Northern Rockies, and offering more outdoor recreational activities than at any other destination resort in the U.S. They don’t call it America’s original winter playground for nothing.Visit Sun Valley has put together a list to highlight their must do activities while in town during the winter season and we couldn’t resist taking our favorites and sharing them with you.
1. Skiing on Bald Mountain or as the locals call it “Baldy”: If you’re taking a winter vacation more likely than not you plan on hitting the slopes at some point and the mountain above the town of Ketchum will not disappoint. With over 3,000 feet of skiing, over 100 trail runs and little to non lift lines, Baldy is a world class ski experience for your most aggressive riders to the cautious bunnies.
2. Fat Biking at Bigwood Sports Park: The fat bike phenomenon arrived in Sun Valley back in 2014 and has grown enormously since then. The name describes it to a T, your favorite mountain bikes with big fat tires! These bikes are taking your favorite summer activity and bringing it into your favorite part of the year. They are a great way to get off the slopes and explore the beautiful town, just a mile north of Ketchum, the park is open daily and and available for half day rentals.
3. Snowmobiling in Smiley Creek: Want to get away from the city of Ketchum and all the physical exertion of skiing and biking? If so then snowmobiling in Smiley Creek is your activity. Just north of Ketchum over Galena Pass you enter the beautiful Smiley Creek at the bottom of the Sawtooth Mountains. Offering cabin rentals, great food, groceries and snowmobile rentals. Explore hundreds of snowmobile tracks with a guide or rent with a group and check out the deep powder areas.
4. Spa Day at Zenergy or Sun Valley Lodge: Who doesn’t love a spa day after all those outdoor activities you’ve been enjoying. Enjoy a different part of your vacation by winding down and treating yourself to outdoor hot pools, a full service spa with a fitness center and yoga studio. After a few hours of relaxing and max rejuvenation you are ready for a fun-filled night out on the town.
5. Bowling at the Sun Valley Lodge: Bowling is an anyone activity no matter where you are. Whether you came with family, your favorite girl gang or closing out single life with an amazing bachelor party the newly renovated bowling alley at the Sun Valley Lodge has it all. Enjoy a full service bar, food service and game room while you’re waiting for your lanes to open up, this updated party spot has it all.
This year we’re thankful for an opening day just 6 days away but we’re also thankful for a beautiful resort town that offers an array of options for you and your entire party coming to Sun Valley.
To check out the full article click the link: https://visitsunvalley.com/searchingforsunvalley/15-things-you-must-do-sun-valley-winter